Re: Same Mississippi Kite?

  • borodayko
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2007
      The following was posted on the San Luis Obispo Group Site:
      All:

      I believe I saw a Mississippi Kite at the Santa Maria Estuary Saturday
      evening! It was flying around the back estuary in both counties. I
      kept looking at it and it did not compute to anything I was familiar
      with. I blew it off as a lost falconer's Saker.
      http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/programs/event2003/Saker.html .

      However, I now think it was one of these, a first year Mississippi Kite:
      http://www.schmoker.org/BirdPics/Photos/Raptors/juvMIKI5.jpg .

      There was one around San Marcos Pass, Santa Barbara County on Sunday.
      Keep your eyes on the skies!

      Mark Brown
      Santa Maria

      Are we being inundated with Mississippi Kites all of a sudden?

      Al Borodayko
      Cypress, CA