eastern Bell's Vireo in Mono

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2007
      I photographed an eastern Bell's Vireo along Hot Creek in Mono County on
      Monday, May 29, 2007. See the photos at
      http://www.cal.net/~ani/bell's_vireo_mono_2007.htm This is the third Mono
      County record and the third of this subspecies as well.

      The bird was at the end of a dirt road that went north from the easternmost
      gate/fenceline bordering the Hot Creek hot springs area. This is east of
      Hwy 395 near Mammoth airport. Also in the area was a Greater Sage-Grouse.

      Cheers,

      John

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave