MTY Aquarium Horned Puffins continues

  • Paul Keller
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19 7:04 PM
      Scoping with another birder from the ocean overlook just SE of Monterey Bay
      Aquarium nearly straight out just within the kelp at about 11am we saw a
      basic plumaged HORNED PUFFIN. It remained at least until about noon when we
      left for the other side of the aquarium. About 1/2 hour later looking NW
      just beyond the kelp we saw an alternate plumaged HORNED PUFFIN with still
      some dark feathers on the face near the gape. We had better views of this
      bird looking straight out from the street on the Pacific Grove side of the
      aquarium. This bird was still there when I left at about 12:40am.
      --
      Paul Keller, SBA Vandenberg Village