Yellow-billed Magpies, Camp Roberts

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18 2:08 PM
      For those interested, at least 6 adult YELLOW-BILLED MAGPIES came to
      peanuts I threw around yesterday [17 May 2007, after 6pm] at the Rest
      Area on the northbound US-101 (a couple miles south of Bradley). This
      is the only consistent location I know that is easily accessible along
      the 101 corridor between Santa Barbara and Monterey counties,
      unfortunately a bit distant from "anywhere"... I've seen young here in
      the past, so when that event is upon them, one can get a range of age-
      related photos and see some really goofy looking magpies. They all
      appeared to me to be healthy, but had a time getting nuts that landed
      close to me, as 4 Scrubjays were braver than they - Jim Greaves