Re: [CALBIRDS] Re:Question before Vote

  • Jamie Chavez
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2007
      Group,

      Just to complicate things even further, some time ago, and almost as an
      experiment when Yahoo was having message delivery problems (I am also a
      Yahoo list owner), I had set up a CBRC "review list" reporting group through
      Google.

      See:
      http://groups.google.com/group/CA-RBA

      It was never seriously advertised but is listed on the California Birding
      Lists Digest site: http://www.sialia.com/s/calists.pl when messages are
      posted. I had a similar sort of vision for a reporting list just on the
      rarest of birds in CA and assumed the CBRC Review List would be a good
      benchmark for species worth reporting and would limit (almost completely)
      the typical commentary found on all our other lists which tend to be
      regional for the most part. It was intended to be a "reporting only" type of
      list in the interest of spreading the word when exceptional birds are found.
      Problem is, I can't do the work myself- it takes everyone's willingness to
      participate. I would, when I had time, scan through all the other state
      lists and post on CBRC birds only. I still feel this is a topic-specific
      type of list that would be of interest to a wide audience and more or less
      mirrors what Doug has proposed with the Poll. I am certainly willing to
      desolve this group if a duplicate is created in some form and becomes more
      beneficial to the birding community than what I have set up.

      The problem as I see it is getting the current membership of CALBIRDS to
      completely change the way the list has evolved. No easy task.

      ______________
      Jamie M. Chavez
      Santa Maria, CA
      sbcobirding