Lesser Goldfinches gone from area

  • Lorenzo Cuesta Saldana
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2007
      Hello,

      All winter I have had 8 or more Lesser Goldfinches daily at my open
      tray feeder. I have not changed the seeds I offer. For over a month I
      have not seen even one in my area (Sacramento, CA). Peterson's Western
      Bird book indicates that they winter and summer in western California
      and the valley. Do they migrate in elevation in the summer within
      their range? Where do they nest if they do not nest near free food?

      Sincerely,
      Lorenzo Cuesta
      Sacramento, CA