Sailboat for pelagics?

  • malcolm boothroyd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2007
      Hi Birders,
      My parents and I are planning on cycling along the California coast on our Fossil-fuel Free Bird Year, for all of September. Thanks to the advice I recieved after my first message to Calbirds, our route is pretty much figured out. However, we are still looking for a way of getting out to sea for some pelagics, in a fossil fuel free sail boat. If you have a sailboat, or know of somebody with one, could we please charter it for a day or overnight trip? Also, how many Shearwaters and Storm-petrel species can be seen relitively close to shore?
      Thanks and good birding,

      Malkolm Boothroyd
      Whitehorse, Yukon
      Canada