Birds of North America online subscriptions

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2007
      Howdy Birders,
      I am resending this for current or prospective members of the Central Valley
      Bird Club. Our esteemed Webmaster, Bruce Webb, arranged with the Cornell
      Lab of Ornithology to offer reduced online rates for our club's members to
      the absolutely fantastic online Birds of North America (http://bna.birds
      <http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/BNA/> cornell.edu/BNA/).

      We signed up 23 people in a single batch of subscriptions last month. I
      recently received checks for two additional subscriptions, but need at least
      3 more in order to add an additional batch of subscriptions. The published
      resource was available in print for over $2,000, but is now offered online.
      It is the BEST reference on the birds of North America. Each account was
      written by top ornithologists with the most up-to-date information at the
      time of publication. Many accounts have over 30 papes of detailed
      information. This goes well beyond any other published source of
      information for our North American birds. Because it is now online, this
      reference is now available at the standard online rate is $40 per year.
      However, for the club's members, our reduced rate is $25/year. In order to
      take advantage of this savings, we need to add blocks of at least 5
      subscriptions. The subscription starts on the date that we received the
      authorization codes and lasts until the same date the following year. I'll
      be keeping a file of members and their subscription dates. I will also email
      the authorization codes to each subscriber.

      So, in order proceed, I need the commitment of at least 3 people to send in
      the form (below) with a check made payable to the Central Valley Bird Club.
      If you are not currently a member of the Club, this would the right time to
      join. This would also entitle you to join us at our club sponsored events,
      to support this listserve as well as to receive the quarterly Central Valley
      Bird Club Bulletin.

      Please print out this email, fill in the form and mail it and your check
      (payable to the Central Valley Bird Club) to: John Sterling, 26 Palm Ave,
      Woodland, CA 95695

      Name: __________________________________________________________

      Street Address: __________________________________________________________

      City, State, Zipcode:

      email address (required!!):

      check the appropriate lines

      New Membership at normal rate: $12 ____

      New Membership at contributing rate: $25 ____

      Life Membership: $240 ____

      Birds of North America Online 1 Year Subscription normal rate with $15 as a
      contribution to the club: $40 ____

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave

      Woodland, CA 95695