LA County Greater Pewee continues

  • dwbirdster@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 10:20 PM
      Hi Birders-

      After three hours of wandering around the old zoo in Griffith Park in LA
      County and along the dirt road accessible through the hole in the fence, the
      Greater Pewee was finally seen by me and Brian Elliot at 9:55 am. We were on the
      dirt road where it overlooks the parking lot near the multi-colored restroom
      when I saw it fly up from below. It flew between several small trees on the
      hillside just below the dirt road, and then it flew out toward the restroom. Thirty
      minutes later Brian refound it near the restroom. All views were excellent.
      Other interesting sightings were Winter and House Wren, and Nashville and
      Black-throated Gray Warbler all along the paved path across from the hole in the
      fence. At the bottle-brush tree in the old zoo many Black-chinned and Allen's
      Hummingbirds were mixing it up. Previous directions to the spot were very good.

      Dave Weber,
      Milpitas, CA