April 21st Santa Barbara Pelagic

  • toddamcgrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2007
      Calbirders:

      There are still a few spots left on the San Juan Seamount trip on
      April 21st. We will be cruising the deepwater looking for Murphy's
      Petrel, but we should encounter many other interesting birds while we
      search. Please note the trip information and contact info below. If
      you need any addtional infor on the trip, feel free to contact me.
      This is always an exciting trip, and there is no other pelagic
      birding boat that can get you to the deepwater and back in 13 hours.
      This comfortable boat is a great platform for spotting birds, and we
      have an outstanding crew of leaders to spot the birds.

      Todd McGrath
      SKUA@...
      Marina Del Rey, CA

      - PELAGIC TRIP-San Juan Seamount.
      Saturday, April 21 - A deep water trip toward the San Juan Seamount.

      This trip departs from the Santa Barbara Harbor on the fast catamaran
      Condor Express at 7:00 a.m. and will return approximately by 8:00
      p.m. This is a One Day Murphy Petrel Search! We will cruise along the
      deep water shelf by the San Juan Seamount. Birds previously seen:
      Laysan and Black-footed albatross; Northern Fulmar; Sooty and Pink-
      footed shearwaters: Parasitic, Pomarine and Long-tailed jaegers;
      Leach's and Fork-tailed storm-petrels; Cassins Auklet, Xantus
      Murrelet and Tufted Puffin. Rare possibilities are Cook's Petrel and
      Red-billed Tropicbird.

      Leaders: Dave Compton, Jon Feenstra, Todd McGrath, David Pereksta,
      Wes Fritz and Kimball Garrett.

      There is a complete galley that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

      NOTE: Destinations may be changed to maximize bird sightings, or
      minimize rough seas. In order to meet increased fuel costs, there
      can be a $5 to $10 energy surcharge per person.

      ----------

      Reservations will be accepted ONLY if ALL the following information
      is supplied:
      1) Trip desired
      2) Names of people in your party
      3) Phone numbers: (a) usual and (b) evening before event, in case of
      cancellation.
      4) Email Addresses
      5) Separate check (no cash please) to LAAS for exact amount for each
      trip.
      6) Self-addressed stamped envelope for confirmation and associated
      trip information.