eTrade, eBay... and soon - eBird for California

  • torusert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2007
      "Citizen Science", got a nice boost this week with approx. 70 birders
      of all levels learning how this very simple, powerful and free
      tool...can help us all contribute almost daily to the greater good of
      bird science in California.

      It was vividly clear that the CA. birding community doing the heavy
      lifting for all of us like PRBO, Cornell Labs, Brian Sullivan and
      others...could look at this important birding data as they do with CBC
      & other sources and greatly benefit from our collective daily/monthly
      contribution to "citizen science".

      Cornell Labs new "California eBird" beta program took a test drive
      this week with our public audience in Sonoma and the response was
      truly amazing!

      Statewide, only 2,100 CA.- eBird lists were submitted in March to this
      massive evolving Western Hemisphere database.... Just imagine how
      our'07 model spring hatchling would rejoice if 21,000 CA. birders
      pitched in to make a difference for better understanding their future.

      GOT BIRDS? - http://ebird.org/BCN/about/whatisebird.html

      Happy Easter & May the Birds Be With Us!
      tom rusert
      http://www.sonomabirding.org/
      Sonoma, CA.