captive bird registry information?

  • Phil Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2007
      Hi Steve:

      Try the ISIS (International Species Information Systems) abstracts.
      This site lists captive animals that are registered with it ...
      mostly zoos and similar institutions.

      You can start here ...

      http://app.isis.org/abstracts/abs.asp

      Hope this helps ...

      Phil

      >captive bird registry information?
      >Posted by: "Steve Hampton" shampton@... tertial
      >Date: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 am ((PDT))
      >
      >All,
      >
      >A well-described WHITE IBIS was reported from Davis, Yolo Co.
      >yesterday (see CV Birds email). I'd like to look into how often
      >this species is kept in captivity. My internet research got me
      >nowhere. Can anyone suggest sources of information to track down
      >such birds in captivity?

      Phil Davis Davidsonville, Maryland USA
      mailto:PDavis@...