EMGO, COGR, LBBG,

  • scre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2002
      Yesterday 1/5 Matt Brady and I had the Emperor Goose and Common Grackle at
      their spots in Sonoma County. We also had the Lesser Black-backed Gull at
      Lake Cunningham in the evening. After watching it for a while as it bathed
      and chased California Gulls it flew off away from the lake to the north. I
      presume that this is the same bird that has winter here in the past. If so
      was was it ever determined which subspecies this bird is? Also at around
      10PM on 1/4 we heard a Black Rail in Inverness at Point Reyes. The bird was
      in the marsh on Tomales Bay behind what I guess was a video store along the
      main road.

      David Vander Pluym