Humboldt County Snowy Owl

  • tom leskiw
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26 5:51 PM
      Birders,
      A number of us viewed the bird and photographs were obtained. The bird is moving around abit but was last seen approx. 0.25 miles south of the bathroom at the north end of the spit, about 70 meters east of the top of the waveslope/beginning of dune grass. This location is about 500-600 meters north of a vehicle (jeep) access road that leads from the South Spit (of Humboldt Bay) road to the beach. I believe, but am not certain, that this is the northernmost of several jeep access roads to the beach.

      I encourage local birders to post better directions than contained here if you are of the mind.

      Tom Leskiw
      Eureka, CA

    • tom leskiw
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26 6:46 PM
        Birders,
        A number of us viewed the bird and photographs were obtained. The bird is moving around abit but was last seen approx. 0.25 miles south of the bathroom at the north end of the spit, about 70 meters east of the top of the waveslope/beginning of dune grass. This location is about 500-600 meters north of a vehicle (jeep) access road that leads from the South Spit (of Humboldt Bay) road to the beach. I believe, but am not certain, that this is the northernmost of several jeep access roads to the beach.

        I encourage local birders to post better directions; I just wanted to get the word out on the bird.

        Tom Leskiw
        Eureka, CA

      • maggiemacg
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31 7:17 PM
          Hi

          Is the owl still there? I haven't seen any updates; DH and I were
          considering a trip early next week.

          Maggie
          San Ramon, CA
        • Ken Burton