Breeding Bird Census

  • Tom Gardali
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2007
      I want to take this opportunity to remind you that the Breeding Bird Census
      has been revived and is now being published in the journal Bird Populations.
      Information on the revival including an annotated bibliography, results from
      2001 and 2002, and a general introduction can be downloaded at
      http://birdpop.net/pubs/birdpopv7.php.

      We encourage you to revisit old plots and establish new ones. We also
      invite you to submit any outstanding reports to Jim Lowe, Cornell Laboratory
      of Ornithology, 159 Sapsucker Woods Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850. Data forms and
      instructions can be obtained by emailing Tom Gardali, PRBO Conservation
      Science (tgardali@...).

      Bird Populations is now an entirely electronic journal published by The
      Institute for Bird Populations. The Breeding Bird Census and Winter Bird
      Population Study have been ongoing since in 1937 and 1948, respectively, and
      have been published by various organizations and societies over their long
      history (see history in J. Field Ornithol. Supplement 1989).

      Thank you very much.

      Editors Tom Gardali and Jim Lowe.

      Thomas Gardali

      PRBO Conservation Science