Coveney California trip

  • John Coveney
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2007
      Hi Calbirders,
      Firstly, apologies for the wrong subject header and recipient in our Wed
      post, which was as follows:

      No joy with the Marina del Rey Rock Sandpiper Wed. evening. We had a VESPER
      SPARROW at the base of the middle jetty.

      Thurs we had the Tijuana NWR HEPATIC TANGAER, the Point Loma PAINTED
      REDSTART (poss. GRACE'S WARBLER) and the La Jolla AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER. No
      CRESTED CARACARA around Dairy Mart Road or PALM WARBLER at Camp Surf at
      Imperial Beach.

      Lots of other Californian lifers incl. CA GANATCATCHER at San Elijo Lagoon.

      FRI 9 MAR

      Heard SPOTTED OWLS (2), NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWLS (2-3, 1 seen), WESTERN
      SCREECH OWL (5), GREAT HORNED (4-5, seen), and PYGMY San gabriel Mtns.

      Santa Cruz Is - quiet but got several ISLAND SCRUB JAYS and 4 prob. XANTU'S
      MURRELETS aon crossing

      Ojai - great views of ZONETAILED HAWK

      Thanks to all who helped us so far..

      Leaving for Carrizo plain now!