Snowy Owl 2/22/07

  • Michelle Burkey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2007
      We had a group out today with Captain Dan and located the Snowy Owl at
      approximately 11:30 AM at Joice Island/Montezuma slough. The bad storm has
      driven in large numbers waterfowl so there was much to be seen. The pelican
      flocks were enormous, thousands of ducks,geese and shore birds were present
      in large numbers as were redtails and kites. As an added bonus a drop dead
      gorgeous Prairie Falcon stayed in place allowing us to get great shots from
      many angles. The Snowy Owls location is very close to a large stand of
      trees that is used as a rookery for Herons and egrets which may soon decide
      to run off the owl as I saw the begining of breeding plumage on quite a numbers
      For information on departure dates and times call Captain Dan
      on his cell phone at (916) 289-8375 or his home phone at (707) 419-5376.

      Michelle Burkey
      Fairfield