Gray Lodge on Sunday

  • Bill Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2007
      Hi folks,

      We visited Gray Lodge with the Yolo Audubon on Sunday the 4th and had a good
      time. The weather was great and we had fun meeting new birding friends.
      Highlights for us included first of season tree swallows, a dark morph snow
      goose, a common yellowthroat, and about 15 sandhill cranes. The cranes were
      actually seen on the way to Gray Lodge, about 2-3 miles west of Live Oak
      along Pennington Rd. With the exception of the cranes, all other birds were
      seen from the two trails that lead out of lot 14. My girlfriend and I never
      had time to do the auto loop.

      My ebird report follows:
      Location: Gray Lodge Wildlife Area (Butte Co.)
      Observation date: 2/4/07
      Number of species: 51

      Greater White-fronted Goose X
      Snow Goose X
      Gadwall X
      American Wigeon X
      Mallard X
      Cinnamon Teal X
      Northern Shoveler X
      Northern Pintail X
      Green-winged Teal X
      Ring-necked Duck X
      Bufflehead X
      Ruddy Duck X
      Pied-billed Grebe X
      Great Blue Heron X
      Great Egret X
      Snowy Egret X
      Turkey Vulture X
      White-tailed Kite X
      Northern Harrier X
      Red-shouldered Hawk X
      Red-tailed Hawk X
      American Kestrel X
      Virginia Rail X
      Common Moorhen X
      American Coot X
      Killdeer X
      Black-necked Stilt X
      Belted Kingfisher X
      Nuttall's Woodpecker X
      Downy Woodpecker X
      Northern Flicker X
      Black Phoebe X
      Northern Shrike X
      Western Scrub-Jay X
      American Crow X
      Tree Swallow X
      Oak Titmouse X
      Bushtit X
      Bewick's Wren X
      Marsh Wren X
      American Robin X
      Wrentit X
      Northern Mockingbird X
      Yellow-rumped Warbler X
      Common Yellowthroat X
      White-crowned Sparrow X
      Dark-eyed Junco X
      Red-winged Blackbird X
      Western Meadowlark X
      House Finch X
      House Sparrow X

      This report was generated automatically by eBird v2 (http://www.ebird.org)

      --
      Bill Miller
      Marysville, CA

    • Bill Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2007
        My report of species seen on Sunday the 4th at Gray Lodge included Northern
        Shrike. That was an error. The report should have read Loggerhead Shrike
        instead. Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused. Good birding
        and thanks to the keen birders that caught that error.
        --
        Bill Miller
        Marysville, CA