Re: [CALBIRDS] Black-headed Gull and stuff

  • Lilith Mageborn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
      Dang! I wish I'd had this e-mail in hand today. I went without my laptop
      computer on the Sea & Sage Audubon trip (led by the Leipzigs) to Salton
      Sea Saturday and today. After the group disbanded, my carpool mates and I
      (I was the driver) went over to Ave 68 and Lincoln, to St. Anthony's Fish
      Farm. Nothing. We headed down to the end of Lincoln (south?) and
      realized it was Torrez Martinez tribal land and turned back; we did NOT
      want to trespass or otherwise cause any problems. If I'd had that
      information/number...why...we coulda gotten the Black Headed Gull! LOL

      We then went back onto Hwy 111 down to Johnson (Johnston?) and went to
      the VERY end, where water covers the dirt road. Holy smokes, were there a
      LOT of gulls but no Black Headed Gull. We watched one possible Glaucous
      Winged hybrid (x who knows what). End of that road, there's barely enough
      room to turn around but my Escape managed handily. We were there from
      3:30 to 4:30 today.

      Great trip, but I'm bringing my laptop next time. :-)

      Sue Jorgenson
      Anaheim