One last Smew byte.....

  • Lori Conrad
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      Even though it's apparently gone (or moved), I wanted to put in my 2 cents from last weekend. Boy, were we lucky! No more Seuss, though!

      MORE SMEW MEWSINGS.....

      A Saturday trip, a bird most wanted,
      It didn't appear, but we were undaunted.
      Spent the night at the Sonora Inn
      awaiting the morning so we could try again.

      Arriving at 7:00, the faces were grim.
      We knew right away that no-one had seen him.
      Frustrated, many hit the road towards home,
      figuring he's probably halfway to Nome!

      But for those of us who stuck it out,
      at 9:00 AM we heard the shout:
      SMEW, SMEW! & there he was flying
      over our heads-our eyes weren't lying!

      He made a steep bank & then a turn,
      finally landing & with no time to burn,
      immediately diving with a voracious hunger,
      spending less time up top than that spent under!

      Then when his hunger was finally abated
      he floated & preened, & seemed like he waited
      to give us the video, photos & views,
      of this beautiful bird they call a Smew!

      Lori & Mark Conrad
      Hermosa Beach, CA