Re: [CALBIRDS] Smew info 1/30

  • Chet ogan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
      I heard from a local birder that on Saturday when the Smew was absent on the pond of Soulsbyville Rd., it was on a pond near Jamestown. No details. This person was selling nice t-shirts with a picture of the Smew.
      Some people familiar with Jamestown should check the local ponds. I looked on a pond on Seco Pass Rd and at the Jamestown and Sonora STPs, but no Smew as of 2:30 this afternoon. I also checked some ponds by Mi-Wuk Village, at Tuolumne, and some other ponds east of Willow Pass. No luck. The higher ones were still mostly frozen.

      Chet Ogan

      StevenUm <sumland@...> wrote:
      The smew had not shown up by 7 AM. Wish I could wait longer but I had
      to go to work. Hope someone sees it and reports it.

      Steven Umland
      Sonora, CA, Tuolumne Co.

      Chet Ogan
      chet_ogan@...