1/5 Snowy Owl Boat trip report

  • QuiAvisPetit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2007
      Captain Dan Thiemann delivered again! We ended up getting great views of the
      owl around 1:00pm. It took us a bit longer to find it this time as it was
      sitting on rip-rap quite a distance from the piling its been favoring. For
      those of you who are planning on going on Dan's boat, please remember to be
      patient and courteous. Dan wants to show people the bird perhaps even more than
      you may want to see it, and he will stay out as long as he can. Remember
      that he cannot go everywhere as the channels and tides are tricky and shallow.
      Also remember that the bird can disappear overnight; going on the boat is no
      guarantee of seeing it. Contact info for Dan was posted in previous emails
      and on the Northern California Bird Box. Its a great trip and a great birding
      spot that is otherwise inaccessible.

      Bird on!
      Daryl Coldren
      Arcata