FW: [CALBIRDS] Snowy Owl Boat Trips

  • Paul Keller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Thanks Chris for your informative post. I'd just like to add that the figure
      of $8 that I gave for the cost of the boat trip in my last post was based on
      a preliminary and erroneous notion as to the location of the Snowy Owl. The
      true location is much farther away resulting in a 5-6 hour trip and so the
      cost, even if the boat is full, will be considerably more, just how much
      more I cannot say. Also, owl or no owl, the trip was birdy, with one
      Barrow's Goldeneye sighting amongst large flocks of waterfowl everywhere
      including scores of Tundra Swans. However, county listers should make sure
      there target waterfowl actually moves as decoys were plentiful. If the boat
      is not crowded, you can use your scope (low power) and tripod.
      Lastly, let me say that everyone on today's successful boat trip has nothing
      but praise and thanks for John Sterling.
      --
      Paul Keller, SBA Vandenberg Village