snowy owl location coordinates

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
      David Coursey sent me the coordinates.... lat/long 38.13827 and 122.001752
      or UTM 10.586108 E and 4221394 N

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave

      Woodland, CA 95695

      530-908-3836 (cell)

      530-753-3733 ext 102 (work)

    • Michael Evans
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
        Do you know what NAD (map projection standard) was used for these
        coordinates--typically either NAD 27(standard for topo maps) or NAD
        83/"84" is used; without the NAD reference, locations can be hundreds
        of yards off.

        Mike Evans,
        San Diego

        On Jan 4, 2007, at 2:16 PM, John Sterling wrote:

        David Coursey sent me the coordinates.... lat/long 38.13827 and
        122.001752
        or UTM 10.586108 E and 4221394 N

        John Sterling

        26 Palm Ave

        Woodland, CA 95695

        530-908-3836 (cell)

        530-753-3733 ext 102 (work)

        Michael U. Evans
        San Diego, CA

      • John Sterling
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
          I don't know what projection he used.in fact I just checked Google Earth and
          the coordinates are miles off. So..don't use those coordinates.

          John Sterling

          26 Palm Ave

          Woodland, CA 95695

          530-908-3836 (cell)