RE: [CALBIRDS] Snowy Owl Boat Trip Report

  • David Coursey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
      John Sterling has a lat/long for the location (well, 100 yards onshore)
      from where I spotted the bird. That should help a boat approach. I don't
      have it right here, but will post if John doesn't. There is a boat dock
      for small boats very close to this location. I think what is needed is a
      small boat with less than 18 inches of draft. The water is supposed to
      be very shallow.

      David

      Tracy

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
        The *approximate* location from which the bird was visible (this is
        viewed from land) is 38.14372 N 122.01820 W. This is a reconstruction
        from a map. I will send the real GPS value when I find the GPS again. :>
        At the location, there is a small wooden platform out over the water
        (the platform is less than 15x15 feet) with white chair(s) on it. There
        is also a building of some sort, painted a sort of olive drab, onshore
        near where the bird was, separated from the platform by more than 100
        feet. The building looked long and narrow, parallel to the shore, but I
        didn't get close enough to verify this. Hope this helps you seafarers!
        -- David

        _,___