FW: [NBB] Snowy Owl news

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave

      Woodland, CA 95695

      530-908-3836 (cell)

      530-753-3733 ext 102 (work)

      _____

      From: northbaybirds@yahoogroups.com [mailto:northbaybirds@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of John Sterling
      Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:27 PM
      To: 'central_valley_birds'; 'CALBIRDS'; northbaybirds@yahoogroups.com;
      countybirders@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NBB] Snowy Owl news

      Don.thanks for this message.

      I want to make sure that you all know that there is no need to bother Fish
      and Game folks about this bird. The young gentleman who helped Don is Ryan
      and please offer him $10 each to do so. However, some birders just called
      me and said that Ryan was not interested in helping them with the bird to
      put it mildly..so someone must have upset him this afternoon or he is
      getting tired of the phone calls...so just a warning.

      It may be best to take a boat out. Contact Capt. Dan Thiemann.
      (916-289-8375). He is willing to take birders out from Suisun dock for $8 a
      piece (a reduced rate). It will take him approx. 45 min to 1 hr to get to
      where the bird is.

      I am sorry to hear that Fish and Game staff are not interested in the
      public's interest in such a great bird. Wish that agency had more
      biologists and birders on staff!!

      Good luck!

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave