Centerville CBC, Ferndale, Humbooldt County Dec 31st 2006

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Dear Birders,

      In the absence of Doc Harris who compiles the Centerville CBC here is a
      quick summary of nice finds. They include Crested Caracara, Slaty-backed
      Gull, Pacific Golden Plover, Rock Sandpiper, Lapland Longspur, Say's Phoebe,
      Black-and-white Warbler, Swamp Sparrow, Clay-colored Sparrow, and more, look
      for updates today from Ken Burton who is leading a follow up trip.

      A possible 184 species, not bad for our latitude. In fact it can be the
      highest count for this far north.

      Yours truly,

      Rob Hewitt

      Robert W. Hewitt

      Wildlife Biologist - LBJ Enterprises

      Eureka, California

      (w) 707-442-0339, (cell) 707-496-0854, (fax) 707-269-0632

      Chairman, Godwit Days Steering Committee

      www.godwitdays.com

      April 20-22, April 2007

      "Birds from The Redwoods to Humboldt Bay"

      "Keynote, reception, bird fair and boat tours"

      Web page is now live and taking bookings especially for our pelagic which
      had a Manx Shearwater last year. A Humboldt County first.