Re: Many thanks and one more question

  • Alison
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2006
      oops, meant to say the sign at the southern boundary of the refuge.
      There is a canyon on the east side of the road that overlooks where
      condors roost at night when they are not at Hopper Mountain Sanctuary.

      The last time I saw them was kind of in the middle of the sanctuary,
      three of them were quite a distance off and playing along the thermals
      on various ridgelines.

      Lots of other raptors as well. Patience is key though.

      Ali
      --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Ali Sheehey" <natureali@...> wrote:

      > Katy and All
      >
      > California Condors are being seen regularly in Kern County at
      Bittercreek
      > National Wildlife Refuge. Take Hwy 166 and 33 to Cerro Noroeste
      Road. Drive