Monterey CBC pelagic

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2006
      Richard Ternullo and I would like to extend an invitation to join us
      aboard the Pt. Sur Clipper for the pelagic portion of the the Monterey
      Peninsula Audubon Christmas Bird Count next Thursday the 28th of
      December from 8am until noon. Cost is $33 with the $5 count fee that
      will get you a free dinner.

      Don't let the prospect of inclement weather deter you. If the seas are
      rough we will hug the shoreline and do our best not to poach birds from
      the the shore based observers.

      Those of all experience levels are welcome

      It looks is a good year for Ancient Murrelets and Black-vented
      Shearwaters. Just this week 5 species of shearwaters were reported by
      Richard on a whale watch trip.

      Call 831 375-4658 to reserve a spot or you can do it online through the
      Monterey Seabird site at http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Wishing you all a happy holiday!
      Roger Wolfe
      Soquel Canyon, CA
    • Roger Wolfe
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2008
        Skipper Richard Ternullo and I would like to invite any interested
        birders to join us on the pelagic portion of the Monterey CBC on Monday,
        Dec. 29th. The boat will be leaving the dock at the very civilized hour
        of 10am as we will be joining the daily Monterey Bay Whale Watch. We
        will return to the dock about 1pm. Cost is $34 per person with an
        additional $5 for the count fee.

        We will have several very experienced sets of eyes on board and hope to
        see some interesting winter seabirds: Black-legged Kittiwake, Ancient
        Murrelet and Short-tailed Shearwaters to name a few. Last year we had a
        Manx Shearwater and rarities seen in past years include Yellow-billed
        Loon and Flesh-footed Shearwater. We will likely see some migrating Gray
        Whales too.

        To register call Monterey Bay Whale Watch/Monterey Seabirds at 831
        375-4658 or you can do it online at: http://www.montereyseabirds.com

        Roger Wolfe over and out
        Soquel, CA