Common Grackle and Emperor Goose

  • Bill Bouton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2001
      Hi Folks,

      This morning at 8:00 I observed the Guerneville COMMON GRACKLE on the wires over Church Street, about 30-50 m north of Main Street.

      At 10:00 a.m. I located the EMPEROR GOOSE at the far SE corner of Bodega Harbor. I viewed it by looking northeast while standing along Doran Beach Road about 1/4 mile west of the entrance kiosk. The bird was feeding in the shallows with Brant during high tide.

      Bill Bouton
      San Luis Obispo, CA USA
      bbouton@...

    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2002
        Both birds were still present in Sonoma County today. I've posted a
        few notes at:

        http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~jmorlan/descriptions.htm

        Thanks to Calvin Lou, the Common Grackle account includes a nice photo
        of the bird.

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044: mailto:jmorlan@...
        California Birding, mystery birds: http://fog.ccsf.org/~jmorlan/