Birding Salton Sea

  • alfmo2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006
      Hi all - Linda L. and I, Al M., with Ron and Sue G.went down yesterday
      to check on Guy McCaskie's Pacific Loon at Sherldon Res. and not only
      did we find it, but also three F-Common Goldeneyes, three Common
      Mergansers and four Redheads. Then we drove to Fig Lagoon to look for
      his Hooded Mergansers and saw about the same number he saw. Up on the
      south bank of the lagoon we saw a Prairie Falcon, as well as a
      Peregrine Falcon. At the fields south east of the corner of Bowles St
      and Lack there were at least 100 Mountain Plovers, Linda and I saw them
      at the same location about two weeks ago. Lastly, after about 10 hours
      we saw 79 species.
      Good birding to all
      Al Moreno
      Downey, Ca