Humboldt County brown booby update

  • Ken Burton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      In case there's still any doubt as to whether there's more than one booby in Trinidad...This morning, Chet Ogan, Ken Irwin, and I were looking at an adult female on Flat Iron Rock when a juvenile flew by, circled twice, and disappeared behind the rock. The latter bird did not reappear, suggesting that it roosts on the back side.

      Ken Burton
      McKinleyville

    • Ken Burton
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
        The adult female BRBO was on her usual roost at the south end of Flatiron Rock in Trinidad this morning.

        Ken Burton
        McKinleyville

      • Joseph Morlan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
          On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:57:40 -0800, "Ken Burton" <brdnrd@...>
          wrote:

          >The adult female BRBO was on her usual roost at the south end of Flatiron Rock in Trinidad this morning.

          Thanks to a contribution from Kerry Ross, a distant photo of this bird,
          taken last Tuesday, is available at:

          http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/gallery.htm

          Enjoy!

          --
          Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
          Birding Classes start Feb 6 in SF http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/