Brown Boobies, Humboldt County, Trinidad

  • B. Acord
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006
      Greetings from the real Northern California,

      I Just thought I'd pass along that there have been multiple sightings of an
      adult (photographed) and juvenile BROWN BOOBIES in Humboldt County. Further
      details can be found at the nwcalbirds Yahoo group (
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nwcalbird/) or by calling the Bird Box
      (707-822-LOON). Essentially the birds have been seen around Trinidad on
      Flatiron Rock, a rock directly west of Trinidad Beach (
      http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=41.05944&lon=-124.16194&datum=nad27&u=4&layer=DRG&size=l&s=50).

      Some other good birds have been Emperor Goose, Snow Buntings and Little Blue
      Heron (Del Norte Co.).

      ~Brian
      Arcata, CA

      Brian Acord