Ross's Gull in the News - International.

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2006
      Folks

      I have just come back from a real fun tour of Chile, while I was there
      the Ross's Gull was found by Guy at the Salton Sea. While this made big news
      here in the CA birding circles, I was literally stunned to find out that a
      story about the gull and the event was published in one of the Chilean
      newspapers! Birding in Chile is picking up, but it is still pretty rare to
      get much news about birds or birding in the media so this was great to see.
      I did not see the paper myself, but heard about it second hand. If I get a
      clipping - it will be on its way to you Guy. Congratulations on a
      spectacular find which was heard about from Barrow to Tierra del Fuego!

      Good birding.

      Al

      Alvaro Jaramillo

      chucao@...