Gulls at the sea

  • scre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2006
      Besides the ROSS's GULL at dawn (which was not refound during the day), at
      the Alamo River Mouth I found a 1st cycle VEGA GULL (which was apparently
      present all day), and a 1st cycle LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL, this is in addition
      to the 3 adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS, 3 Glaucous-winged, 7 Western, 3
      Yellow-footed (plus several others near Lack and Lindsay and Young Roads), and a
      Heermann's Gull on Garst. Other birds I had today with Oscar Johnson and
      Colin Wilkinson, of interest was a Common Loon and a Loon Sp at the end of Young
      Rd, a Chestnut-collared Longspur, and Sprague's Pipits in the cut fields at
      Sinclair and Highway 111, and a Lapland Longspur east of Calipatria State
      Prison. Other good birds were had by others as well.

      David Vander Pluym
      Ventura