Re: [CALBIRDS] RE: Ross's Gull update - Sunday 11/19/06

  • tsuru@cox.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006
      ---- John Green <bewickwren@...> wrote:
      > Birders,
      >

      > I arrived in mid-afternoon Sunday and stayed until dark. The Ross's Gull
      > did not return during that time, or at any time after the early morning
      > sightings noted below. Many just missed it in the morning and spent the
      > whole day there. As a consolation prize, one of the Lesser Black-backed
      > Gulls was refound in late afternoon, as was the Piping Plover.
      >

      > Anyone refinding the Ross's Gull, please call the So Cal Birdbox (818)
      > 952-5502 (5) if you can't get a message to the internet. There are a lot of
      > disappointed people (like me) who would love a second chance, and the sooner
      > the word gets out, the better!
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > John Green
      >
      > Riverside, CA

      John,

      Here's a couple pics (taken this morning at 6:20 am before the sun actually even came up) for your info.

      Monte
      Orange County, CA (somewhere near LA!)
      tsuru@...
      http://www.Tsuru-Bird.net (Wildlife Photography)

    • Chris Conard
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2006
        Folks,

        The Ross's Gull was NOT seen on Monday, 11/20/06. There was a near constant
        vigil at Red Hill Marina near the boat launch and many adjacent areas were
        thoroughly searched.

        Maybe tomorrow.

        Chris Conard
        Sacramento