loon ID question

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2006
      I've uploaded photos of a LOON that was in Santa Barbara Harbor
      yesterday (15 Nov 2006). I called it Common Loon based on bill color,
      overall appearance. However (to me, with no experience with below),
      some features suggest Yellow-billed, or more likely a hybrid of the two...

      Anyone with more knowledge want to comment on this? Thanks!

      - Jim Greaves -- here's the link:
      http://mysite.verizon.net/res1u8vm/LoonsGrebes.html