Kern/Kings County Harlan's Hawk

  • jeff67632003
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2006
      I found a "Harlan's" Hawk on Barker Road east of Highway 33 on the
      Kern/Kings County border today around noon. This is the fourth winter
      in a row I have seen this bird there. It is usually within the first
      half mile of so of Barker Rd. east of 33, but I have seen it up to
      three miles in.

      I also had three Ferruginous Hawks including one dark phase bird and a
      flock of approximately 30 Mountain Bluebirds on York Avenue east of
      Highway 41 in Kings County.

      Jeff Seay
      Fresno, CA