Thick-billed Kingbird still at Banning

  • kwpenland
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2006
      I had to move back to LA from AZ to get this bird. Thank you, Kevin!
      :-) Just before 9 a.m. today, it was perched atop one of the trees
      near the daycare building on Eubank Street. Got a nice long look at
      it before it flew east over the residential area.

      A Red-tailed Hawk was gathering twigs the size of slingshots from the
      eucalypts and building a nest in the top of the tall Norfolk Pine (?
      probably not correct species but looks similar) between the mansion
      and the "garage" outbuilding behind it.

      Katy Penland
      Los Angeles, CA