SBT COUNTY

  • Debi Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hi, Birders,

      I went out for a few hours of birding today, and the results follow.

      At Paicines Reservoir I found the following birds of note: 2 WESTERN
      GREBES, 14 EARED GREBES, 1 OSPREY, 2 WESTERN KINGBIRDS, and 1 WILLOW
      FLYCATCHER.

      The Hollister Industrial Ponds: 11 EARED GREBES and 43 NORTHERN
      SHOVELERS.

      At the Hollister Sewer Ponds:
      PRAIRIE FALCON-1
      BLACK-NECKED STILT-339
      AMERICAN AVOCET-13
      GREATER YELLOWLEGS-38
      LESSER YELLOWLEGS-1
      LEAST SANDPIPER-239
      PECTORAL SANDPIPER-1
      DUNLIN-8
      LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER-560 (high count)
      MARBLED GODWIT-4
      RED-NECKED PHALAROPE-203
      KILLDEER-13
      NORTHERN SHOVELER-210
      MALLARD-400
      CINNAMON TEAL-16
      GADWALL-4
      YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER-7

      On my sunset drive last night, October 1, on Santa Ana Valley Road, I
      found an OSPREY sitting in a eucalyptus tree. I also found 2 BURROWING
      OWLS, one of which was standing on the double yellow lines in the
      middle of the road! Yikes!

      Debi.

      Debra Love Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys