AMOY San Pedro, LA County

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2006
      Hi,
      Sebastiano Ercoli stood next to me at 06:45 a.m. today, and asked me why one of the Black Oystercatchers had a white belly. Wow.
      We both photogrpahed the bird, but never got shots of it in flight, when the correct white on the wing and rump and underwing showed.
      Even so, I want to read up some more before claiming that it's a 100% pure American Oystercatcher.
      Apparently, other before me have seen (this bird?) an American Oystercatcher around the Palos Verdes peninsula/San Pedro area this year, and either I forgot, or never heard about it...

      Local LA migrants: not much at Banning, Sand Dune or other South Bay parks. Bolsa Chica had an Osprey, Elegant and Royal terns, etc.

      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

      thomas.miko@...
      thomas_miko@...

      653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
      Claremont, CA 91711
      U.S.A.
      34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

      home: (909) 445-1456
      cell: (626) 390-1935
      work: (323) 226-7855

      FRS radio channel 11 code 22

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
      "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."
      -Oscar Wilde