Re: [CALBIRDS] Crystal Springs‹no Wood Thrush

  • Steve Glover
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2006
      Paul and all,
      The Wood Thrush may well be gone, particularly since
      the tail appears to have been growing rapidly, but let
      me mention that when I saw the bird on 9/12 it took
      nearly 3 hours. I have no idea where that bird hid for
      that long but it apparently can do it. I walked above,
      below and around the shrubs it had been mentioned
      being seen in and it never flushed.
      I don't know how long Paul looked for the bird but if
      you are in the area I would suggest you still give it
      a shot.
      Steve Glover
      Dublin

      --- Paul Keller <wrentitpk@...> wrote:

      > I birded Crystal Springs near Tecopa last Tuesday
      > (09/19) and saw no Wood
      > Thrush nor any other thrush. Most exciting bird -- a
      > Black-and-white
      > Warbler.
      > Sorry for the late post. I just got back home.
      > --
      > Paul Keller, SBA Vandenberg Village

    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2006
        Steve, Paul and others,

        Steve Myers reported seeing the Wood Thrush on September 23rd.

        John

        _____

        --- Paul Keller <wrentitpk@verizon. <mailto:wrentitpk%40verizon.net> net>