Caracara/Y Grosbeak question

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2006
      Double-barreled question:

      1)Is this caracara acting like a wild bird? I heard that it has been eating french-whoops I mean-freedom fries. Actually, to me, eating freedom fries still wouldn't convince me of captive origin: we would have to remove Western Gull and Brewer's Blackbird (for starters)from the California list, in that case.

      2)A friend mentioned that the Yellow Grosbeak's authenticity as a wild bird was in doubt, since it is of the southern race. Now, to me the bird did not look like a "southern race" bird at all (when I was there in person, and on my photos) albeit I had never seen birds of either race before this bird. Who among us (on this list) has seen both races, and feels that the bird was not of the northern population?

      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

      thomas.miko@...
      thomas_miko@...

      653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
      Claremont, CA 91711
      U.S.A.
      34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

      home: (909) 445-1456
      cell: (626) 390-1935
      work: (323) 226-7855

      FRS radio channel 11 code 22

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
      "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."
      -Oscar Wilde