San Diego Co Crested Caracara

  • Paul Keller
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006
      Ten Birders saw the the Crested Caracara fly west from its usual roost at
      the Dairy Mart Pond at 06:20am this morning. For directions, see Gjon
      HazardĀ¹s helpful Calbirds post from yesterday.
      I then drove the few miles north on Hwy 5, went west on Palm Ave to left
      turn to Carolina to Donax to look for the Mississippi Kite with no success.
      However, in the neighborhood SW of the Mar Vista school on Ellwood between
      2nd and 3rd St on the north side I saw 5 Amazonia parrots. Four looked to be
      immature Yellow-headed Parrots and one looked like a Red-lored Parrot.
      --
      Paul Keller, SBA Vandenberg Village