Monterey Seabirds this weekend

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2006
      Calbirders,

      Now is the time to get out on the Monterey Bay! Storm-petrels have
      arrived in a big way. There are still spaces available for this Friday's
      Sept. 15-8 hour trip where we will focus on the storm-petrel flocks and
      spend a good deal of time in Santa Cruz County waters. Bring your county
      list. $85 There are also plenty of spaces for Sunday, Sept. 24- 8 hour
      too if you're coming for the bird festival.

      This Sunday we will be heading offshore for a 12 hour trip. These are
      always exciting and promising. Due to cancellations we have 5 spaces now
      available. Group size on all trips is limited to 25 participants. $125

      Dan Singer, Tim Amaral, Richard Ternullo, Todd Easterla and Steve Bailey
      will be on board as spotters on one or both days.

      Details, trip reports, online reg. are at http://www.montereyseabirds.com
      831 375-4658

      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds
      Soquel Canyon, CA
    • Roger Wolfe
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 26, 2007
        Both the Saturday and Sunday Monterey Seabird trips are only half full
        at this time. A seabird photographer's and videographer's dream come
        true! If interested call 831 375 4658 to reserve or do it online at
        http://www.montereyseabirds.com $85 per person These will be our last
        trips for the year.

        Rarities seen in October in Monterey Bay include Great Winged Petrel,
        Streaked Shearwater, Wedge-tailed Shearwater, Greater Shearwater and
        Great Frigatebird!

        Todd Easterla, Don Roberson and Dan Singer will be aboard as spotters.

        Hope you can make it!
        Roger Wolfe
        Deckhand for Monterey Seabirds
        Soquel Canyon, CA
      • Roger Wolfe
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2008
          Ahoy Calbirders,

          2008 seems to be the year of the stay at home birding vacation. Consider
          an affordable pelagic trip in the Monterey Bay.

          Monterey Seabirds will be venturing out two consecutive days this coming
          weekend. Sat. Aug. 23 we will be doing a 12 hour offshore trip. Cost is
          $135. Sunday, Aug. 24 is an all day Monterey Sea Canyon trip for $95.
          Dan Singer, Don Roberson, Todd Easterla, Bruce Elliot, Tim Amaral and
          skipper Richard Ternullo will be spotting.
          http://www.montereyseabirds.com/SeabirdTripLeaders.htm

          We offer a free trip for every three trips you take in a calendar year
          and have nine more trips planned for the late summer and early fall seasons.

          Call 831 375 4658 to reserve with a credit card or do it online at:
          http://www.montereyseabirds.com

          Trip reports of all our outings will give you an idea of what to expect:
          http://www.montereyseabirds.com/SeabirdTripReports.htm

          "The Monterey Bay is like the catcher's mitt of Western North America.
          Eventually everything comes into to the bay."- Hannah Nevins-Seabird
          researcher and Beach COMBERS Project Leader Moss Landing Marine Lab

          Regards to all,
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
            Ahoy Seabirders,

            We have 22 birders signed up for this Saturday's (Sept. 10)Monterey
            Seabirds all day trip. We'll be aboard the Pt. Sur Clipper that has a
            capacity for 48 people but we don't crowd the boat by taking no more
            than 30 participants. Cost is $120 per person.

            Todd Easterla will be on board as one of our spotters. He's been
            instrumental at finding rarities. He's spotted WEDGE-TAILED and multiple
            STREAKED SHEARWATERS on our fall trips as well as the GREAT-WINGED
            PETREL last year to name a few. He's my favorite person to seabird with
            and one of the best seabirders I know of. He is tenacious and his
            enthusiasm for birding is contagious.

            We'll also have the magnet Martijn Verdoes and Matthew Dodder on board
            as spotters. Alex Rinkert and Tayla Easterla will be chumming.

            On Sunday (Sept. 11) we have a half day trip on the schedule from 9am to
            2pm at $50 per person. We are at the peak of seabird diversity at this
            time of year!

            Call 831 375-4658 to reserve or do it online at
            http://www.montereyseabirds.com

            Hope you can join us!