TARDY post: Serene Lakes-Soda Springs, CA

  • DANIEL EDELSTEIN
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2006
      Serene Lakes-Soda Springs, CA (near Truckee in the Sierras) 9-7 - 9-9-06

      * = Yes, I know this post should go on the correct listserv for the Sierras, but I cannot get AOK status from the group bouncer electronically, so I'm posting it here.........Sorry.

      *

      Observations (albeit, not too unusual: no casual visitors/vagrants to report)/Documentations for common birds:

      - PILEATED WOODP. (fresh cavity near Ice Lakes with more more than one individual in the area for a good spell)

      - OSPREY (2) (hunting/forgaing and working the lake for a couple of hours)

      - CLARK's NUT (2)

      - GOLDEN CR. KING's (13) (everywhere and lots of vocalizations from above)

      - BROWN CREEPER (11) (everywhere, ubiquitous)

      - RED-BR. NUTHATCH (6)

      - MTN. QUAIL (2; fleeing)

      *

      - PYGMY NUT (8) (in Truckee area; not at Serene Lakes)

      Daniel Edelstein

      Novato, CA (Bay Area)

      http://www.warblerwatch.com

      12 Kingfisher Court