[Fwd: [SDBIRDS] Crested Caracara et al.]

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2006
      I am assuming that Tom Benson is not subscribed to Calbirds:

      >From: Thomasabenson@...
      >Date: 2006/09/10 Sun AM 01:19:37 CDT
      >To: sdbirds@yahoogroups.com
      >Cc: guymcc@...
      >Subject: [SDBIRDS] Crested Caracara et al.

      >Gene Cardiff led a San Bernardino Valley Audubon Society field trip today to
      >the San Diego area. The best find of the day was a Crested Caracara. The
      >bird was located on the Dairy Mart ponds and was viewed from 7:00 pm until 7:30
      >pm when it was too dark to see it any longer. The bird was on the pond
      >immediately west of Dairy Mart Road and was viewed from the southeast corner of the
      >pond at the t-section of Dairy Mart Road and De la Plaza(?). It was seen
      >presumably going to roost on a snag in the middle of the pond. Other good birds
      >included:
      >
      >Mississippi Kite - 1 juvenile continuing on Carolina Street in Imperial
      >Beach early AM.
      >Parasitic Jaeger - 2 off Imperial Beach Pier
      >Yellow-crowned Night-heron - 2 adults and 1 juvenile in apartment complex
      >adjacent to Tijuana Slough NWR
      >Baird's Sandpiper - 2 at east end of sod farms on Sunset and Hollister
      >Reddish Egret - 1 adult at south end of Silver Strand and 1 juvenile at
      >Tijuana River mouth
      >Black Tern - 1 at south end of Silver Strand
      >Pacific Golden-plover - 1 adult at mouth of Tijuana River
      >Common Tern - 2 juveniles at mouth of Tijuana River
      >Peregrine Falcon - 1 juvenile at north end of 13th Street
      >
      >Good birding,
      >
      >Tom Benson
      >San Bernardino, CA

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > mailto:SDBIRDS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

      thomas.miko@...
      thomas_miko@...

      653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
      Claremont, CA 91711
      U.S.A.
      34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

      home: (909) 445-1456
      cell: (626) 390-1935
      work: (323) 226-7855

      FRS radio channel 11 code 22

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
      "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."
      -Oscar Wilde