Buff-breasted Sandpiper - Half Moon Bay.

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2006
      Hey folks

      There was a nice juvenile Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the mouth of
      Pilarcitos Creek in Half Moon Bay (San Mateo County) this afternoon (4:45
      pm). The bird was foraging along the creek, right where the water begins to
      flow (the actual creek mouth is dry). You can access from the end of Venice
      Boulevard, parking at the beach parking lot and walking upstream along the
      bluff or you can park at the end of Wave Avenue just to the south of Venice
      and walk to the bluff from there. The latter is closer to where the bird
      was.

      I got some nice photos, if I can find some time later on I will try to post
      one or two.

      By the way, there was a small flock of Western Sandpipers here including a
      gorgeous juvenile Semipalmated Sandpiper.

      Good birding

      Al

      Alvaro Jaramillo
      chucao@...