Re: [CALBIRDS] Mono Lake question

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
      September is great for birding in Mono County. Crowley Lake, Bridgeport Res and Mono Lake can have rare shorebirds and those lakes plus Topaz Lake can have jaegers and rare gulls such as Sabine's, Franklin's and even Little Gull! Frigatebirds and Brown Pelicans have also been reported in years past. All riparian areas can have vagrant landbirds. Of course, you cannot count on seeing a rare bird, but Parasitic Jaeger and Sabine's Gull were recently reported at the mouth of Rush Creek where it flows into Mono Lake.

      The Mono Lake Inn employee is Kristie Nelson, Mono County bird records compiler and one of the best birders and field ornithologists in the state.

      John

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695