Re: [SDBIRDS] San Diego American Oystercatcher 30 August 2006

  • John Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      I was at the Cabrillo tidepools before work on 30 August from about 06:45 to 07:30, when I gave up and turned to leave. As soon as I turned around, there were three oystercatchers, one of them an American, about 40 m south of the bottom of the trail that leads down from the second parking lot. I called to the other guy down there, watched for another 5 seconds or so, and the bird hopped down behind the rock and out of view. I had stretched my time to the limit that morning, and had to leave immediately for a meeting. I would not have seen the bird if I had not gone down the trail, as the place where I saw it was invisible from the parking lot, and from the observation point about halfway down the hill.

      John Martin
      Ocean Beach